Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Songs in the Key of X

Okay so maybe this isn't X Files... but I'm thinking Aliens could do a better job then the government of sorting out my student loan. Might be as much of a conspiracy though. I came home from work and was looking forward to some relaxation. I needed it... but instead get a letter from the student loans center. My appeal was denied. They still seem to think I make too much money. So I pulled the application and the allowble income portion of it. My student loan payments are $604/month... so according to their own forms I can make up to $2378. My declared income was $2312. I know it was close but it was still under the allowable income. So I decided to check my bank statement since they pulled out another payment on September 1st. They were still pulling out the reduced amount...the reduction I never authorized. One of the last times I called in I asked them to put the payments back to the full amount. Looks like they couldn't even do that for me. I ask myself... what the hell do they do all day? I'm thinking it is part of their job description to screw people over... and to actually make mistakes. Normally that would not go over well in a business.... but this is the government. And of course they take more money this way... and if I do default on my loan then I wouldn't qualify for interest relief. They even admitted, when denying my appeal that the cost of living is not factored in. But what exactly am I supposed to do? I am already a month behind and I can't afford to make any more payments. I just don't have the money. I can't even afford to pay my other bills at this point. And I know I should qualify for interest relief. The worst part is that even if I do get it resolved... and finally get my interest relief I get to start this process all over again in another 3 months. *sigh* Will it ever end?

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats