Saturday, July 07, 2007

Why I Like My Sports

People like to make fun of me for watching baseball since it's not exactly fast paced. Now that is part of what appeals to me. I find it quite relaxing. Quite often I'll curl up with Azrael on the futon and actually rest. Now those that know me know that usually I have 101 things on the go... so if I can find some way to take it easy that's a good thing. Of course I might even take the opportunity to have a nap since I can wake up and will likely not have missed that much.

I actually subscribe to the Sports Pack with Cogeco so that I can catch all the action. Now for the most part I don't need it... except in the winter when I want to watch college basketball. The networks don't tend to play them unless it's time for March Madness. I enjoy watching the Duke Blue Devils or the UCLA Bruins. In the summer obviously I watch the Toronto Blue Jays. I also watch the Nascar Nextel Cup races which is what's on TV now. Go Dale Jr.! Whenever possible I'll watch the FIFA games... cheering on Brazil and Italy. And all season round I'll also watch the UFC.

Advantages of watching any sport: lasts longer than 30 minutes or an hour so you don't have to find something to watch as often. Fewer commercials! Now I will quite often record shows so I can skip the commercials any ways.,... but think about it. When you watch a baseball game the only commercials occur in between each half inning. It's not every 7.5 minutes. Or if it's a soccer game the only commercials are during halftime.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats