Wednesday, January 02, 2008

DHL's Holiday Spirit

So after 2 weeks without my copy of Leopard arriving in the mail I was starting to wonder. I was promised express shipping from Apple which generally takes less then 2 weeks. I would've called them sooner but it was Christmas and all so I figured that it might take more time.

At the two week mark I decided it was time to call them and get another copy sent out. So I called at 9:05 a.m. But then I got a message telling me that I had called outside of normal business hours. Say what? It was now 9:05... What's going on? I kept calling thinking that there was a problem with their phone systems.

Now I should interrupt this to say that a friend of mine was also checking into the status for me. So at 9:30 in the morning I got an email with the shipping information from DHL. It was supposedly delivered on December 20th. Hmm... that's interesting since it sure as hell wasn't in my nice, little hands. I head downstairs to the super's office to make sure that it wasn't hiding there anywhere... even though he's good about calling me and had already told me to pick up 2 other packages. Nope, nothing there. Then I look up the tracking information. The signature looks like it says Robert. No one in the office with that name. So I figure that either the DHL guy saw Apple and decided to scoop it... or he took on the role of Santa Claus and just randomly handed it out to someone. After all I have heard there is no local DHL office so he would've had to drive here. And who wants to do that? Spread the holiday cheer.... give out free stuff....

Any ways... my friend also reminded me that they were only open from 10:00 to 6:00 since it was New Years Eve. Now why couldn't the voice message when you call in be changed to reflect that? Makes me wonder how many people called after they closed and then kept trying since it was before the normal 9:00 p.m. close. So I called back at 10:00 and was on a nice long mute hold... repeatedly. Spent most of the call on a mute hold (for those that have never worked in a call center it means that they press the mute button so you hear nothing at all... instead of a hold where you get music... you are not supposed to use mute as a hold) and after 20 minutes they had sent out a new disk to me and told me there was a problem processing the original order. I am guessing that there were problems with sending out the fulfilments for new disks. But, in my case, I already know that it was processed, shipped, and delivered.... just not to me.

Hopefully by the end of the week I have my nice new cat (don't worry Azrael I still love you) and will be busy installing it. Good thing I wasn't in a rush for it. I still have to finish backing everything up. Now if only Shapeshifter was compatible with it. Just checked... still not compatible. :( But I think that everything else I use is.... If not well I might be going back to the other pretty cat I have... in Tiger. Will update when I get my new package. I love mail...

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats