Monday, December 08, 2008

Back to the Grind Stone

Obviously I am now back to work. Just before my vacation they made me quite angry. I think that my vacation came at the best time. See they picked their floor support and passed me over. I know I am good enough. Confidence is not an issue with me. *lol* Put it this way they want your talk time to be 15 minutes and after taking calls for 3 weeks mine is at about 11 minutes.... and 2 minutes of that is me finishing my notes after the call. But, what I am not good enough? Yes I am still bitter... and I don't see that changing any time soon. In fact I see it being the straw that broke the camel's back. I can see it being the reason that I end up leaving.

I have been having computer issues since I came back from vacation. Just having trouble logging into one application. Depending on who you ask they either say to just keep trying or to move after 5 attempts. Now there was one day where I just could not log in. They even had me trying computers that other people had already tried (people who are having the same issue). I kid you not when I say that I spent 2.5 hours that day just trying to login on something like 6 different computers. Personally I think that time could've been better spent roaming (answering questions) or listening to someone take calls and helping them out.... rather then me just sitting there pretty much with my thumb up my ass. But hey they are paying me for it... so whatever.

Today 12 people called in sick.... It was -25 with the windchill but I still hauled my ass in. I kept wondering if I was going to get frost bite or something. But any ways we were really short staffed. And I managed to get a lot more escalated calls... I am sure there is a correlation there. I also stayed late to help out. Well technically I was already late leaving but I stayed to take another call since there were only 3 people left taking calls at the time. Figured it was the least I could do... take one more call. It's who I am... and with a talk time like I have I don't figure it's going to be a LONG time. I could be wrong and certainly have had some long calls but I was playing the odds. And I was right... About 10 minutes later I was done and on my way home... with no calls waiting. Well no calls here.... There are other call centers and they would have been taking the calls at that point.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats