Thursday, December 11, 2008

Memberships That Get You in Trouble


So I joined up for Columbia House a little while ago. Cost me $2.77 for 5 Blu-rays. Now that is a good deal. Granted so far I have only got one of 5. Seems the rest were out of stock. So now I have chosen others and am waiting to see if they are in stock. If they are I will make a nice little profit. Their enrollment selections are not so good.... so I wil just sell them to the pawn shop and make about $20-$30. Right now if you order 1 at regular price the rest are 60% off. So my first order was (all on Blu-ray): Dark Knight, Wanted, Jarhead, the Kingdom and Miami Vice. Grand total for that order $83 and change. Second order was for the Unit Season 1 (on DVD), Dogma, Pride and Glory, Domino, Eagle Eye and Sum of all Fears. Total this time was $104. This time I also got a free overnight bag. Thank goodness for holiday pay and my tenure bonus. It's allowing me to capitalize on some good deals here. Oh yeah and selling off some DVDs that I wasn't watching. But at least it is a membership that I will make use of... unlike say a gym membership.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats