Friday, March 21, 2008

Who Knew It Would Be This Hard


Here is a picture of the bracelet that I lost. Since it has been gone I have come to realize just how important it was to me. I am also realizing that recreating it is a real challenge. You would think that it would be easy.... It's just orange and white beads after all. Finding orange beads that are the right size has become a nightmare. I've discovered that the beads from the original bracelet were incredibly tiny. But the ones I seem to find now are either too big or too small.

I spent about 3 hours yesterday looking up bead sizes and by the end I think I was even more confused then ever and still had absolutely no idea what I should be looking for. There are plenty of auctions on eBay but it's a gamble. I have no idea if it would be the right size or the right colour. So I am a little reluctant to go that route.

There are 2 self-injury sites that carry bracelets and what not. Seems the supplier in the UK that was providing them with the orange beads has discontinued them so they are not an option. I really do have to make it myself.

Some suggested getting one of the silicone bracelets. I tried that once. it was too big and just slid off my wrist. Then Azrael turned it into a toy and I never saw it again.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats