Sunday, November 12, 2006

Hard Day at Work

Today was not one of those days that I enjoy at work. Just when you thought you've seen it all someone manages to surprise you. I don't like being the iron fist or anything that resembles disciplinary action. Don't get me wrong, I'll do it when I need to. I just don't enjoy it. I suspect that most people in management find it to be a necessary evil. It's not something they enjoy but it's part of the job. It's tough. It was even harder because the person involved couldn't seem to grasp the big picture and see the importance of their actions. In fact, had it not been for the manager that was involved stepping in it was clear that they were going to fight me on it. Show some respect for me and for the job I do. I am not out to fail anyone, despite what some people seem to think. I want to develop them and help them become better. It seems that some people just have too much pride to admit their own weaknesses. We all have areas that we struggle with. Get over it... and let us help.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats