Monday, December 19, 2005

Survivor in the Real World

Ever feel like Jamie from Survivor: Guatemala, where you become so paranoid that it's all you can think about? He got to the point where he just spent the entire time saying, "You're not going to vote me out, right?" And what did they do? Voted him out. He forgot that it was just a game and let his paranoia take over. Life really is just a game.

Lately, I have an understanding of that paranoia. Certain people have been perpetuating that and seem to enjoy having me watch my back all the time. To them I think they even have themselves fooled into thinking it's in my interest. I think I'd rather be like Jamie and be blindsided then be constantly watching my back and thinking that I have to be perfect all the time or I'll be the next to go.

I am human and am going to make mistakes. That is just a part of life. The important part is that I get up again and learn from those mistakes. If I choose to be paranoid then I don't want to go into work. I remember the days when I came in with a smile on my face and I hope to see that again.

So to those people that want me looking over my shoulder, stop with the lies. Stop trying to create a rift between me and my boss. I'm not buying into it. I am here to do my job to the best of my abilities. So tomorrow when I go to work I am not worrying about what the latest rumour is about me... or who has an issue with me. My only concern is with the coaching I need to do, getting to my phone time and providing the best customer service experience possible. Oh and watering Chris' plants while she is on vacation. I'll try not to kill them, I promise.

"Blindsided! Nice. Now that's how you vote somebody out!" (Jamie's closing comments)

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats