Saturday, May 05, 2007

Employment Insurance Update

Looks like the government is taking their sweet time to decide if I qualify for employment insurance. When you apply they say it will take about 28 days to make a decision. On Monday 28 days will have passed. I am a little on the anxious side about the decision. I currently have about $2 in my bank account and the bills are starting to pile up. So far none of my bills have been late but with no income it makes me a little uneasy. I'm counting more and more on EI but there is still the possibility that they can deny the claim since I was fired. I just want a decision to be made. Ideally I would like to get the EI so that I have money coming in and can get my bills caught up. Hopefully on Monday they really do make a decision.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats