Thursday, May 10, 2007

Raining... But Inside the Apartment

I was sitting around trying to find something online on my other computer when I hear what sounds like rain. Okay no big deal right? We were under a severe thunderstorm warning and it was raining earlier. The only problem? I wasn't hearing the sound of water falling from my balcony or the side of the apartment where I would expect to hear it if it really was raining. No I am hearing it from the entrance of my apartment. Not such a good thing. I did a quick tour of the apartment and don't see any leaks. Then I opened the front door and sure enough it looks like it's raining in the hallway. I venture outside, getting a bit wet in the process to go bang on the supers door. And at 11:00 at night I am sure he was really happy to be investigating the downpour in the hallway. I go back inside and realize that there is also a small leak in the apartment and the front area (which fortunately is one of the only areas that is not carpeted) is now covered in water as it is coming down from the ceiling and is also coming in under the door. I check and none of the closets have water leaking into them. So at least it is contained to one small area. As it turns out the people that live above me own an apartment size washer and dryer. They overfilled it and this is the result. Now I have a towel down soaking up the water and get to listen to the drip for a while. Azrael is entertained... He is currently lying down watching the door, as if there is something to see. Did I mention that I live in the ghetto? *lol*

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats