Saturday, May 05, 2007

Maybe the Student Loan Center Should Just Hire Me

After talking to the case worker about my student loan I am beginning to think they should just hire me. Now the first comment to be made is that I now have my own case worker in Ottawa. He is looking into the appeal that I made and even made reference to the letter I wrote to the minister of Human Resources and Social Development. Apparently it got notice. He believes the Royal Bank made a mistake and has short changed me for the 5 months of interest relief. But was not sure that there was much he could do. His advice was to reapply for interest relief since I am not unemployed. I had already done that. At most I would have to either pay for February or pay the capitalized interest. I may be able to qualify for extended interest relief which extends it for up to 24 months or until you have been out of school for 5 years, whichever comes first. He is still looking into it and will get back to me next week. So maybe, just maybe, there will be some good news on the horizon. Might even get some of that money back from the bank.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats