Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Extra, Extra Crispy



My back no longer looks like I belong in the local burn unit of the hospital which is a good thing. The main reason for my absence on here is that I was rediscovering just how painful a sunburn can be. With the trip to Montreal I came back crispy fried. On the Friday we were under a high humidity warning and after 7 hours in the sun my back was burnt. Since I was already burned the next day I was back out there without sunscreen and in shorts no less. Not the smartest decision. Burn on top of burn. I barely slept that night and have been in agony ever since. It took almost a week before it even started to peel at which point I looked like I belonged in the hospital. I also discovered that burning your kneecaps is incredibly painful. I would stand up and feel sharp pain, even thought my knees were going to buckle. It's been a week and a half now and my knees still hurt. I am getting a little frustrated. I want things to be back to normal and I want to be pain free... well as pain free as I ever am any ways.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats