Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Easy Road

As of late I find myself questioning decisions that have been made.... It seems like this is a war of attrition. I wish I could go into detail but seeing as this is a public forum and there are certain people I do not wish to find out.... silence is key... for a little while any ways. As of late there have also been people that I thought I could count on that I'm not so sure about any more. They (and this obviously isn't everyone) have suggested that I give up and take the easy road. For those that have known me for a long time have you ever known me to take the easy road simply because it was easy?

I'm not going to lie and say that it is easy. I'm also not going to say that it's not lonely. No one else can fight this battle for me. It's not just about me though. If it can happen to me it can happen to others. It's a fight for truth, justice and integrity. At the end of it all I have no idea what will happen. I would like to think that the truth will prevail.

I also had someone tell me that my conscious wouldn't let me give up and walk away. They seemed to believe that I would not be able to sleep at night. Let me tell you I would sleep just fine. I have done everything in my power thus far. It's not really up to me any more. Even if I did give up I would still be at peace with the decision. It's gone this far I am not about to just walk away.


Quote: It is easier to find a score of men wise enough to discover the truth than to find one intrepid enough, in the face of opposition, to stand up for it.
Author: A. A. Hodge

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats