Sunday, February 10, 2008

Entertainment War

It really does cost a lot of money to upgrade your movie collection to a whole new format.... at least it does when you have about 200 movies. The good news is that not all the titles are even currently available. How can that be a good thing you might ask? Well seeing as I can't afford to buy all the movies I am making my way through the collection. But now there is a new problem. Not only are the movies I had previously on DVD not available but some of the new releases are also not being released in the high-definition format. I can understand not being able to buy those made by Paramount or Universal since they are backing the HD format. However, those made by Blu-ray supporters is a little more mystifying. Rendition is one movie that will be released shortly but so far there has been no announcement on it being released in the Blu format. More importantly, Lions for Lambs will be coming out at the beginning of April and there is no word on it being released in Blu either. The dilemma is that I don't want to be paying for the movie twice. It's an understandable concern. But I really do like the movie. I do have credit at Blockbuster.... so maybe I'll pick it up previously viewed there while waiting for a high definition release. In other news, I really do wish that the format war would come to an end so we can all move forward and not have to pick sides.... It's not grade school... and it's only hurting the consumers.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats