Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hits from the Bong

I am thinking that LG has been listening to too many Cypress Hill songs... Oh the song titles I could use here.... "Hits from the Bong", "Insane in the Brain," and "I wanna get high" Cuz a drug induced haze is the only way I can make sense of their most recent decision. While everyone else is abandoning HD-DVD (well okay maybe Paramount will still be supporting them after their payout in August to go HD exclusive) LG has decided NOT to join that trend. Instead they are planning to come out with a new dual-format player. With the fire sales that are about to happen why not just pick up another HD player? The dual-format players are typically more expensive and (as evidenced by the dual VHS and DVD player) if one part fails you're kind of SOL. I am assuming that people who had built up an HD collection already have an HD player. So I guess LG's strategy is to still make them abandon their old HD player in favour of one that plays both. Why not just pick up a Blu-ray player? Or they are trying to take advantage of some poor fool that hasn't heard the news yet that HD-DVD is dead and the funeral is now over. All I can say to LG is to remember to "Puff, Puff, Pass."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny. Yeah, I've no idea what they're thinking. The big problem is that, to use your DVD/VHS player analogy, depending on what part of a Blu-ray/HD-DVD player fails then the whole thing fails. If the drive mechanism goes, your lasers are still great but you can't get discs in or out. At least with a DVD/VHS player you can still use the one functional portion.

Counter


View My Stats