Sunday, April 20, 2008

Cat's Best Friend


In a previous post I mentioned that I went grocery shopping the other day. I was at Zellers and decided to pick up some catnip for Azrael. I hadn't bought him any treats or toys in a while. And my paycheque was higher then expected. So why not? I was putting away the groceries and normally he loves to play with the shopping bags. This time he could smell the catnip. So he was trying to get into it. I had to go down to IGA as well. I debated taking it away from him but he had not been able to open the package and I wasn't going to be long.

I am sure that you can see where this is going. I come home and Azrael greets me at the door like usual. As I pet him I am wondering why he's dirty. Then I see the carpet. He got into the catnip all right. It's now spread all over the floor.

I was sitting down and trying to figure out what to do. I didn't want to just vacuum it all up but it's not like cat nip is all that easy to get off the carpet. I was watching and instead of going after what was already on the floor Azrael was trying to get the remnants out of the bag. Eventually I had to get up what I could and put it out of his reach.

He really enjoyed it and I am glad that I could do that for him. I am wondering though how bad it is that I am my cat's drug dealer and am promoting him getting stoned. *lol*

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats