Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Stamped Apple

It's all about the Brands.... Logos... Brand images... Loyalty... What's in a brand? What comes to mind when you think of certain companies? Nike... Pepsi... Wal-Mart... Sony... Etc. We all have our opinions on these companies and it's based on their ability (or inability) to brand.

The web site BrandChannel had a poll to find out which companies had the greatest impact on consumer's lives. Apple won the award taking 6 different categories, including most inspiring and the one readers could not live without. Other inspiring brands included Nike, Coca-Cola, Google and Starbucks.

Microsoft, on the other hand, had the dubious honor that it was the one company that respondents were most likely to argue with and the brand that needed to be revamped the most.

I have mixed emotions about the survey.... But that's also because I have a love/hate relationship with Apple. I spent much of my last 2 days off troubleshooting my computer so it doesn't really endear me to them all that much. Especially since the issue seems to be related to an update that was done. I hate troubleshooting.... At the moment it does seem to be working so that's a good thing. But it seems that, at least for this survey, Apple reigns supreme.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats