Saturday, December 02, 2006

Gentleman Start Your Engines...



Nascar is coming to Canada!!! It was only a matter of time since they bought Cascar. It looks like the first race will be held in Montreal in August 2007. Guess who is going to be there? That's right.... I'm heading off to Montreal and actually taking a vacation. I think the last vacation I actually took was in 2001 when I went out to BC. I figure I am long over due. Now that I quit smoking... and things are going well... I wanted to reward myself. Funny thing is that I used to think that car racing was one of the stupidest sports. And then Tammy got me into watching it. So it's kind of cool that I will be there with Tammy. I also bought Christie a ticket since I knew she would want to go and I owe her a birthday present (for the last 4 years *lol*) and a Christmas present. Apparantly it will be the first time she is out of Ontario.... I'm kind of scared now. Good thing I am taking a GPS unit with me. It's still a long way off but the ticket is already paid for. Just have to book the hotel and save the spending money. I'm already excited about it. I just have to make sure that I get the vacation time approved.... Since I am taking my boss with me I can't really call in sick. *lol*

It's a Busch race so some people aren't as excited about it. They wanted to see a Nextel race. But you know what... it's all about the experience. It's in Canada... It's a vacation... and it will hopefully be a good race. No matter where your tickets are (unless they are general admission) you have access to a big screen to watch the race on. For more information just check out their web site here. And just imagine hearing that familiar phrase... "Gentleman, start your engines."

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats