Monday, February 12, 2007

In Other News

So I guess the owner of the building didn't like the fact I accused him of extortion after telling me I hadn't paid my rent on time and owed them more money. They backed down from their request. Definitely a good thing since I don't have extra money to give them at the moment.

Both the bank and the student loan center are still dragging their heels at giving me back my money. I had to call the bank again today. Their response: "There is no guarantee with a stop payment". So then I had to call the Royal Bank loan center and ask them to refund the payment. That will take another 3 weeks. Not exactly news I wanted.

So then I called the National Student Loan Center. They have received my application for interest relief. The downside is that it usually takes them a month to process. So I am going to have to delay my payment with the Royal Bank and hope that it goes through without a hitch. As for the money they owe me... they told me that it had been approved but can take up to 2 weeks to write the cheque and get it to me.

So to recap: 5 weeks to get the money back from the Royal Bank and 4 weeks from the National Student Loans Center. I didn't need to pay my bills. The 77 cents in my bank account tells me I am not paying bills. Now I do get paid on Friday but since I am not sure if I'll get money back before my rent is due I'll have to weigh my options carefully.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats