Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Life Lessons

I was just watching Law and Order: SVU. Sure it can hit close to home... but I remember that it's just a TV show and is just drama. But tonight's epsiode had a couple of lines that really had an impact. So I thought I'd share...

"How can I ever repay you?"
"Move on. Live your life. Don't lock yourself away like I did."

It's so easy to hang on to the past and get stuck in it. Days turn into weeks... which turns into months... and then years... It doesn't take long before you are stuck in the past. It becomes consuming and you're no longer living your life. You are a prisoner and never get free. Doesn't mean it's easy to let it go but in order to live your life you do need to move on from whatever is holding you back.

1 comment:

Nixie's Mom said...

That was a really cool episode!

Counter


View My Stats