Sunday, October 15, 2006

UFC 64

So this weekend was UFC 64. It was a nice way to kick off my vacation. I must admit I was pretty tired leaving work on Friday. 12.5 hour shifts are long... and they really tax you. I spent half of Friday trying to stay awake. Then when I left work I went to Tammy's for the weekend. I was there for the UFC fight. There were some good fights on the card. In fact the only one that was a dsiappointment was the title fight between Franklin and Silva. For one, I didn't think that Silva had earned the right to have a title shot. But then Franklin just didn't look himself. Finished in the first round. The Sean Sherk vs Kenny Florian was a really good fight.

What I find even more interesting is that I always get a good night sleep when I am over at Tammy's. I'm usually still tired... but a) I get up earlier then I do at home and b) I'm not nearly as groggy. I find that really weird. I spent $1000 on my mattress and still don't feel rested. I just find that kind of odd.

It was a nice relaxing weekend though... It's always nice to get away every once in a while. I get so used to my routine and being alone that I forget to have a life every once in a while. Ever since the fall of last year when everything just sort of went to hell... I've been pretty solitary. Keeps me out of trouble at least.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats