Friday, June 08, 2007

Ding, Ding, Ding... Round 3

Since I hadn't had enough of technical support time for round three. This time Steve called on my behalf since I was too distraught to do it. He was arguing with the customer relations representative about the fact I had been burned severely enough that a month later you could still see the marks from it. They stuck with the whole "take it in for service" comment. Then she asked to talk to me. So I got on the phone and repeated my whole experience with support and being burned. Their final answer was service. So I asked for a supervisor and she was unable to find her manager but promised someone from executive relations would call me back. And again I was told to take it in for service. I was offered reimbursement for a loaner computer while it is in for repair. That's better then nothing except that it is standard procedure so it's not like I was really being offered that much. Secondly, it was reimbursement so I still have to pay up front for it. Thirdly, they don't offer loaner computers at the local service center any ways. I am aware that they can replace the computer for customer satisfaction but I was not about to play the political game that I know the procedures. I want everything to be above board. All I really want is to feel like I am a valued customer and so far that really hasn't happened.... There has been no offer of compensation (an iPod or AirPort Extreme would be nice) or even a replacement computer. All I know is that I don't feel valued at all. I feel like no one gives a shit about what happened to me. And I suddenly feel disillusioned since I believed so much in Apple and now I just don't know what to think. But I give up... I'm not going to get the resolution I want and it's just taking too much energy to continue on with the fight. From a corporate (and financial) standpoint they may have won... but this experience will stay with me and has certainly changed how I see Apple.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats