Friday, June 22, 2007

Like Pulling Teeth

This is rapidly becoming one of those weeks.... those weeks that you just want to forget about. Just to get something accomplished it feels like I have to pull teeth.  I have actually gotten to the point where I am holding off calling the National Student Loans Center about my interest relief because I don't want to take the chance that it becomes a fight.  It should go smoothly since I am on EI but we'll see.  That looks like it will be a task for next week.

I'll spare you the boring, mundane details of the week.  The biggest source of frustration has been my dealings with Apple.  Yes I am happy that the computer is being replaced.  However, I do not have the new computer.  In fact as of 5:15 this afternoon I don't even know when I am getting said computer.  What they didn't tell me is that the had to build the system since I wanted the glossy screen on it and that leads to delays of the system.  I was told that it should be shipping out last Friday and would arrive at the beginning of this week... That didn't happen... and no one told me there was a delay.  I had to call (long distance on a cell phone no less) to find out.  I got no sympathy for the fact I am still without my computer.  All I got was "It should be ready soon."  That would have been good to know a week ago.  So where does that leave me?  I still prefer the Mac OS to Windows and Apple to Microsoft... But it does not make me the happiest customer.

And speaking of pulling teeth... I really do need to get one of my teeth looked at... possibly even extracted.  But seeing as I am currently unemployed and have no dental coverage I suspect I'll be suffering a while longer.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats