Saturday, June 09, 2007

Hearing Voices

A little while ago I was looking for something on Yahoo and stumbled across the question as to why people talk to their pets. Clearly the person asking saw them as nothing more then animals and thought that talking to them had no value. That made me a little angry... or at least defensive. I talk to Azrael all the time.... I realize that he has no idea what I am saying. But he can tell by the tone and inflection whether or not it's positive or negative. Don't worry I am not going to be one of those crazy cat ladies with a house of cats.

There is a lot to be said for pet therapy. Now you have to find the pet that is right for you... but it is very rewarding. They say that pets will match the personality of the owner. That sounds about right. Azrael is relaxed and gentle but every once in a while will go psychotic. *lol* Pets are full of unconditional love. They don't judge you for what you say (It helps when they don't understand... I suppose someone who doesn't speak your language might also have value *lol*) and are just there for you.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats