Monday, June 11, 2007

Dawn Breaking


So Friday we were under a tornado watch. For pictures check out my post on the topic. Now I am normally up late. I really hadn't intended on being up that night until sunrise. Had it not been for Azrael I might have missed out. But as the sun started to come up he was sitting by the balcony door. He really is a sun worshipper. And I felt this pull to head out onto the balcony. It was cool outside after the storms from Friday and the fact it was so early in the morning. It was also very cathartic. As the sun was coming up I really saw it as new beginnings... The storm had passed and here was the sun. I wasn't just feeling this about the weather though. It was also a representation of new beginnings in my life as well. As I stood there with the camera out I also felt a sense of peace. For once I wasn't hearing a lot of traffic and all the other sounds that come from apartment living. It was just me looking out on nature... Well nature and a parking lot but that didn't sound quite as therapeutic. This picture really does not do justice to that sunrise on Saturday morning but I hope that you can enjoy it and feel some small sense of peace when you look at it.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats