Sunday, June 17, 2007

Faith Restored in Apple

I was going to wait to post this... but now seemed as good a time as any.  I had emailed executive relations about my experiences and then last Monday I took my computer into the local service provider.  I was sad to be leaving it behind.

Now as I walk in the guy behind the counter says, "It's a Mac" as if he had never seen one before.  I'm already getting scared here.  So I put it on the counter.  He looks at it and says, "Is that a MacBook Pro?"  Genius... why yes it is.  He pretty much rushes me through it all as if to get me out of the store.  Wasn't even going to get the case number until I asked him if he wanted it for the technician.  And as I am leaving I look at the sheet of paper with the details.  He has it written down as a 17" MacBook Pro.  That would be nice.... too bad I don't have a 17" MacBook Pro.  Wonder if that means he overestimates elsewhere too... Okay that was just mean... cruel even...

So I leave and was even more despondant.  I was without my beloved computer and was scared about what was going to happen to it.  Was it going to come back in one piece?  Were they going to tell me nothing was wrong?  Was the tech going to blame me again since it's not a laptop.  Yes I know it's not a laptop... However should the computer be hot enough to burn you in a short period of time?  I get home and call executive relations back (he had left me a message in the morning).  He tells me there might have been a miscommunication and he wasn't necessarily going to be repairing the computer.  He wanted to talk to the tech about it and make sure it hadn't been dropped from the third floor or something.  So now my hopes have gone up a bit.

Tuesday he calls me back to tell me they are replacing the computer! :o)  I will be getting a brand new computer.  He laughs when I tell him that the F11 key isn't so useful on my PC (You'd hvae to own a Mac) and he laughs when I tell him he made my day.  Now I was about to walk into Sobey's at the time so it was a pretty short call.  I go in and am wandering around the store when it dawns on me that I didn't tell him I want the glossy screen.  And if I am getting a new computer then I want the glossy screen.  About 10 minutes later he calls back to confirm the address.  I tell him I want the glossy screen.  We had about a 5 minute conversation on just the glossy vs matte screens and how it seems to be split as to what people prefer.  And then I also get to hear the specs about the computer.  I already knew that they were going to be a step up from what I currently have.  So now I am like a kid in the candy store.

Wednesday I got the legal paperwork and had to fax it back in.  He was out of the office but called any ways to make sure I got it.  I had already called his office about the AppleCare I currently have on the computer and was surprised when he called.  Thursday he called again to let me know they had the computer and that he had received the fax.  Friday I called him to see if the computer had shipped out.  He was hoping it would be shipped out by the end of business day so I should have it near the beginning of next week.  I think I have talked to him more then I do a lot of my friends.  Is that a bad thing?

So I am excited.... I am getting a brand new computer and just have to be patient until it gets here.  If you know me that is easier said then done.  I couldn't even stay away from the computer and today I finally moved the computer so that I can watch TV while still on the computer.  I really need to get out more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your getting a new "toy"!! I've just spent the last hour catching up on your blog - when I should be outside working on the shed. I'll be here more often and you know where to reach me if you need me.

Counter


View My Stats