Saturday, January 27, 2007

Azrael's Bed


Azrael really is my photogenic child.... What is it with cats and electronics? I know they are nice and warm. I didn't know he was sleeping on it until after my cable went on the fritz. I get off the phone with Cogeco and then I look at the cable box and there is Azrael curled up on it. I was starting to wonder if he might be the reason my cable was acting up. Turns out he wasn't.

Maybe it's just me but I can't see that as being comfortable. It's a hard metal box. But then he's a cat and can sleep anywhere. It's what they do best. I thought I'd get a few pictures while he was curled up there earlier this evening. If he's not there quite often I'll find him on top of the TV or on my PC. Right now he is on top of the TV.

And every time I see him on the cable box I think back to a story I heard years ago when I was at work. The original iMac was the small, all-in-one computer. Great design and marketing gimmick. The only problem with the all in one is that it means the heating vents for the entire system are in the monitor. Now I am not sure if this story is true or just an urban legend but it could happen.... The story is that the cat would sleep on top of the monitor, which of course blocks off the heating vents for the computer. As you can imagine this would cause the computer to overheat. So as the story goes the computer did overheat and caught on fire, killing the cat. So I do get concerned when Azrael curls up on the computer or the cable box. The TV he is sleeping on is not turned on so I'm not worried about that one.

I think his ears were burning.... He just came running out of the bedroom wanting attention. Lately Azrael really likes to be mauled. I think he believes he is the center of attention and the world revolves around him.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats