Friday, January 26, 2007

Best Present in the World


It has been a rough, frustrating week. But sometimes it is the small things that can make all the difference in the world.

I already mentioned the card that Christie gave me. What I didn't mention is that there was more then just a card there. Christie came over with a present for me. She knew it had been a rough week and wanted to do something nice for me. She wanted me to feel appreciated.

It was touching for many reasons. One because Christie actually took the time to do something like this. I am not used to someone actually going out of their way to do something nice for me. The thought actually brings tears to my eyes. I'm not sure I want to admit that to Christie though. *lol* She might think I'm a wuss. Or realize that I'm not as strong as I let on.

The other reason that it meant a lot to me is that Christie is sick and isn't getting much sleep. In spite of that she went out of her way to do something for me... to cheer me up and show her appreciation. Awww....

The magnet really does hold a lot of truth.... The best part of the day is coming home to Azrael. There is something about having him greet me when I get home and then have him curl up either beside me or on my lap. It's calming and brightens my day. I'm telling you... he is cheap therapy. It's also about the unconditional love he brings. Cats don't pass judgment... Hell within 5 minutes they have forgotten the fact you stepped on their tail... or whatever... and are back to loving you.

And then there is the cat. I think that's the closest to a female cat that Azrael is going to get to see *lol* According to the tag it's not recommended for children under the age of 3. So maybe I shouldn't have it *lol* It's cute and makes me feel like a kid again. I am just a big kid at times though. I won't go into the psychology of that one... It's a whole other discussion.

They are the best presents in the world. Maybe it's because it's unexpected. I was definitely not expecting anything. It was a normal day at work. And it's not like your birthday or Christmas when people feel more obligated to buy something. It was a present out of the blue. The best kind. Christie really is too good to me. I don't even think there are words to express how I feel. "Thank you" doesn't even begin to cover it.

2 comments:

Nixie's Mom said...

ha! you're getting blog spam? Another magnet too...

At some point you can move to Belleville. There is lots of work and cheap apartments! (I know, stressful subject)

Fallen said...

Haven't had any blog spam in quite a while... and I just deleted it so it's all good.

Things at work are going really well at the moment. It's just my stupid student loan. I need to make more money to pay them off.

As for the apartment I am just not thinking about it at the moment. Right now it's warm... although that might be because I have the MacBook Pro on my lap.

Counter


View My Stats