Monday, January 08, 2007

More Apartment Concerns

Since it was my day off I decided to go down and talk to the superintendent about the heat. The washing machine stole my money so I had to go down there any ways. As it turns out they turned off the water so the washing machine is working, there just isn't any water. That is a huge frustration for me. It was the one thing I need to do today and I can't get as much work done in the meantime. I have no idea when the water will be turned back on so it's a waiting game. Looks like most, if not all, of my day is going to be spent waiting for that. Since the water is off that also means I can't have a shower.

As far as the heat goes no word yet on when they are going to do something about it. I was told that I am not the only one where the thermostat does not seem to do anything and does not control the heat. That is not acceptable. I pay rent and the ability to control the heat is expected. Well okay if everyone's apartment was controlled centrally by building management that would be one thing but it's not. Heating is individual. If it's warm outside then it's about 75 degrees which is a little warm. And if it's cold outside then it drops to about 65. Since we're in the middle of winter I expect cold weather at some point. I really don't want to be wearing a toque and mittens inside.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats