Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Breakthough

Today was a good day! When it started out I didn't feel that way. It was snowing outside and I was concerned what the temperature inside was going to be like by the time I got home. I was also running late like usual. And I was super tired for some reason... I think just because of how hard I have been working.

On the way to work I went shopping. I wanted to pick up CSI: Season 6 and the Illusionist. For whatever reason FutureShop didn't have the Illusionist but I was able to get the first thing on the list. Plus Steve got me my Christmas present. He bought me the Fox and the Hound on DVD. Brings back memories of childhood actually.

Work was pretty relaxing today. I only listened to two calls but I spent more time just talking to agents and even spent a half hour with one agent going over 2006. I was starting to see my efforts pay off. I was able to see where the trends are and get them to commit to a plan of action. Then John took a look at the data and came up with the same trends for the agents. It's nice to know we're on the same page.

There were some big structure in the organizational structure... I'm still not sure what it all means but time will tell. Tomorrow I'll have to ask Christie about it and see if she can shed some light on it.

After work there was a "team" get-together for wings. Even though Amy is no longer on the team she is still part of the group so she came out... which is good since she was my ride. It was a lot of fun. I had forgotten what it was like to be social *lol*

When I got home Azrael escaped on me. I had to go chase him down in the hallway. He got about halfway down and then just stopped. I'm not sure if he got lazy or just wanted to be near me. So I picked him up and got the motor going. He just wanted to spend some time with mommy. I'm also wearing his favourite shirt. My Huron hoody has drawstrings for the hood and he LOVES to attack them. Right now he is curled up beside me waiting for me to put down the computer again.

I love spending time with Azrael... He is therapy for me. Not only that but it was very nice to come home and not feel like I have a number of projects calling my attention. For a while there my coffee table had a mountain of papers and three different projects, all for work. The one causing me the most grief Christie told me not to do... I told her I wanted that in writing *lol* But hey... I'm more then happy to acquiesce that request. The main project that I had been working on was 100 hours worth of work and as beneficial as it is I am also glad that it's done.... It's not like it was even part of my job. I don't mind doing it but it was a HUGE job and I don't think I had realized just how big a job it was going to be when I started. It was a massive undertaking. I'm not sure I can keep it up since it is so time consuming but we'll see. I think it needs to be done. The other project was about motivation. Initially I was thinking about creating a presentation and then decided to just write out some of the ideas. It was much easier. So when I got home tonight no projects... nothing calling my attention.... Just rest and relaxation. It's a nice change. A breakthrough of the winter blah's.. in spite of the first real snowfall of the year.

2 comments:

L.Bo Marie said...

pets are fantastic aren't they?

Fallen said...

Yes they are... Easier to take care of then children and they remind you to relax. Azrael is my caretaker, guardian, therapist and child all in one lovable little package. At least he's lovable when the claws are retracted any ways. :o)

Counter


View My Stats