Monday, January 01, 2007

Sad Realization

I came to the realization the other day that if I had not accepted the performance coach position that right now I would be making $13.60/hr. Now that would not be an incentive to stay where I am... But the position had a 50 cent/hr premium. So I would actually be making $14.10/hr. Right now, as a performance coach I make $14.15/hr. Hmm... less work... less stress... far less responsibilities... I wonder why that is appealing. Having said that I would pretty much be stuck in that position forever with no real chance of advancement. But right now I am not sure what the chances of advancement are any ways. For now I am being held back... 2 months from nopw I *might* be able to apply and get an interview. Now that the team leader position is no more it is extremely unlikely that someone will advance to team manager. After all they are lacking the experience and team leaders from other sites can apply. The last posting for team manager is a good example. From what I understand no one got the position. The best chance of advancement is to take a transfer to another site. I just think it's really sad that the pay difference is so small... When you look at everything a performance coach does.... In terms of the money I might as well go back on the phones. I wouldn't because money isn't everything... but the more stress there is... the more tempting that thought becomes. It would be really nice to be getting all three of my breaks again, instead of one. Not as many meetings... Not answering questions... No work to do at home... Just take calls for 8 hours a day and then go home. Wow does that ever sound nice....

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats