Wednesday, January 24, 2007

When it Rains it Pours

Why is it that when it rains it really pours? The heating issue still has not been resolved... obviously since I posted about it yesterday. There is the humidity issue. The landlord gave me my annual notice of a price hike... AKA the annual money grab. They have no reason not to increase the rent on an annual basis. And then there is the fact they seem to think I owe them money even though my rent has been paid on time.

If that wasn't enough I am really getting concerned about the water. I went to fill Azrael's water dish the other day. The water didn't look clear... In fact it looked like there was soap or something in the water. I didn't want him drinking that. I decided to just fill it with water from the Brita. So I went to clean it out first. Now the water dish is stainless steel and all I used was a paper towel. The paper towel turned red when mixed with the water. Red? That can't be healthy... When I did fill it up with filtered water I was amazed at the difference and finally realized just how cloudy the water had been.

Also got me thinking... Recently I had been noticing what appeared to be an allergic reaction. I had these weird red marks on my arms and it would get really itchy. I also noticed it most often when having a shower. Makes me wonder if the two aren't related... I'm thinking there is something in the water, like rust or another sediment.

But I'm reluctant to even try and get the superintendents to fix it. After all it really is like pulling teeth to get anything done. It took two months to get my balcony door fixed when I first moved in. 8.5 months later the heat still has not been resolved satisfactorily. Right now the heat is on max just to keep it warm... and then I'll probably need to turn it down and it will drop below 20. There is no happy medium.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats