Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What to Do... What to Do...

It might only be January but I am already thinking about what to do when my lease expires. I really hate the thought of moving again. I HATE moving... Looking for a place... paying first and last.... signing yet another lease.... packing and then moving. Every step of that I despise. And as far as the layout goes I love my current apartment. It's pretty spacious. For as much as it might be a ghetto building it's actually not that noisy. And I am far enough away from work.

The downside is obvious... the building management. I used to work as a rental agent and as soon as the maintenance request went in the work got done. If necessary a note was left for the tenant indicating they would be coming in to do the repair. 24 hour notice was always given and they never bounced a cheque trying to cash it before the 1st of the month. I don't think I have ever had a worse superintendent in my life.

Seems to abound in Peterborough though. The housing in Peterborough is notoriously bad. You're lucky if you can get a hold of the building management when needed. Superintendents are a dime a dozen and don't always get the job done in a timely manner. But they can also get away with it since the vacancy rates are low. There is a housing shortage here. You wait like a decade for subsidized housing... apartments can charge whatever they want.... I'm back to being reminded as to why I hate Peterborough. I really can't find all that much to say that's good about this city and this area.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats