Thursday, January 25, 2007

Pure Frustration

The hits just keep on coming.... I get home from work today and not only is it really cold in the apartment... but there is a letter from the National Student Loan Center. At first I thought I was finally getting the notice that my application for interest relief had been approved. That would've been too easy. Nope... once again it had been denied. And once again they seemed to think I made too much money to qualify for interest relief. Immediate stress response and frustration. And then I called the student loan center. First they told me I was under the allowable amount. So I argued with them about that. I know what my loan payments are and therefore what I am allowed to make. Then they came up with a new excuse. They said that my Royal Bank student loan didn't count. Since when? It has always counted as part of the student loan. They tried to tell me it was only a provincial loan and should not count. They told me that other people had made a mistake. I'm not about to let them bully me. So I dug up the paperwork which clearly said that it was a Canada Student Loan and not just Ontario. Then... I went to the canlearn web site which clearly said to call the National Student Loan Center about it.... So after a half hour they were escalating it back to the Interest Relief department and I would have an answer in about 3 business days. Extremely frustrating... Since I don't have an answer. And now I need to call the bank and have them postpone the payment. But I'm not about to get optimistic since the last time it was a dragged out fight the last time around and lasted for months. Hopefully this time it's a little smoother. Time will tell. But right now I am just so frustrated.... I could cry.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats