Friday, May 26, 2006

6 Days, 7 Nights

That's how long I've been nicotine free. For the most part it is going okay. The Zyban makes a huge difference. When I quit cold turkey I really had to battle the cravings and they have been greatly reduced this time around. Pat said I'm not as chipper as I usually am. I'm not sure that's related to the withdrawal. I think it's just fatigue, stress, and the nerve damage. It's hard to be chipper when you're in a lot of pain. I've also got a lot on my mind. Someone said the second week is harder. So I guess we'll see. The only time it's hard is when I am around Steve since he pretty much chain smokes. Mind you the last time I saw him was the day I quit. He might be shocked to realize that the apartment is now non smoking. If he wants to light up he'll have to do it on the balcony. Not that I'll be seeing much of him any ways. Pat's giving me a ride to and from work all week, except Tuesday morning when I have a dentist appointment. One day at a time. I can't think about a week from now... or a month from now... I really have to take it one day at a time.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats