Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Dentist Visit

Today I was rediscovering my hatred for dentists. Last time I had work done he did nerve damage and I ended up at the ER a week and a half later. Yesterday was the first time I could open my jaw without pain. So today I was back there first thing in the morning. He was doing work on the front teeth. I'm pretty sure both times he had to inject the freezing he hit the nerve. I felt the same weird sensation go through my head and into my ear. Then it just went from bad to worse. The angle they had me on meant I was sliding backwards so I ended up gripping the arms on the chair. That ended up hurting my back and shoulders since all the muscles were tight for over an hour. The dentist knows that I can't keep my jaw open for an extended period of time and what does he do? He wandered out 3x during the appointment. I started to get really angry since I just wanted the work done and over with. It was basically an excruciating hour. When he was almost at the end the freezing started to come out so with certain teeth I could really feel it. I didn't want to tell the dentist because then he would stop... add more freezing... and the whole thing would take even longer. I just wanted to get the hell out of there. 13 hours later and my teeth are still killing me. My lower jaw is slightly bothering me but my front teeth actually hurt. Then I had to go to work. It was entertaining when I was trying to drink the can of Coke. It didn't work so well. Needless to say it's been a long day. Almost makes me wish I had false teeth. Might not hurt as much.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats