Wednesday, May 24, 2006

100 Hours

I am now at 100 hours without nicotine. I am definitely not going to say it's been easy because it hasn't been. They say you should reduce your stress level before you quit smoking to make it easier to deal with the symptoms of withdrawal. Hmm... guess I missed that part of it since my stress level is almost at an all time high right now. On top of that I am currently working days. I tend to be more tired on the day shift, especially now that I am in my second week of days. I remember from the last time when I tried to quit cold turkey your sleep patters really get disrupted. Like I needed more fatigue. Then there is the anxiety, irritability, dizziness, and the ADHD tendencies. And since my body is still healing it also feels like I have a cold as my lungs start to heal. And I haven't even mentioned the cravings. Good times let me tell you. Now I am fully aware that it is for the best and will help me in the long run. That doesn't really make it easier though. I know it's not the cigarette that I am craving... it's the coping mechanism and the stress relief that it provides. I know it's temporary and I just have to wait it out. The Zyban definitely makes it easier... but there are still times I really want to go back to it.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats