Friday, May 26, 2006

New Home

So I have now lived here for almost a month. Overall I love it here. I really feel like I am home. And I don't have to worry about a roommate. It's all my space. But building management doesn't exactly seem to work too hard on maintenance requests. For instance, just after I moved in I told them the thermostat doesn't work and it was about 90 degrees in here. They have yet to come by and fix it. And right now I am unable to unlock the balcony door. So while I have an air conditioner that mainly keeps my room cold. Right now it's about 73 degrees in here. It's better then it was but I would like it fixed... especially since it counteracts the air conditioner. The cold air forces the heat to be increased so the air conditioner isn't as effective as it could be. They also have not given me a buzzer code so after a month I still cannot let anyone into the building. I gave them my phone number about 3 weeks ago. So now I have a few things that I want to be taken care of but I'm starting to feel it's a lost cause. I'm hoping I can get someone else to fix the balcony door and the screen door. They are easy fixes (I think). Of course if I am waiting for Steve to do it then it might take as long as the superintendent. He was supposed to install blinds and that hasn't happened. He's also supposed to be getting me a toilet tank since I managed to break the one I currently have. Relying on him isn't a good idea. The move took longer then it was supposed to... and then he was slow at removing the boxes. And he hasn't followed through on his promise of blinds. I think when I drop off my rent I will also ask them about the thermostat again... and being added to the buzzer system.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats