Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Chiropractor

I had the first chiropractor's appointment in a few weeks. My back had been bothering me for a little while now. She said that my lymph nodes are swollen from the nerve damage. I'm hoping I can make it until Tuesday when I am back at the dentists so I can get a prescription. I was doing some research and looks like it will be year before the nerves are completely healed, if they ever are. The things they don't warn you about when you go to the dentist.

But that was a tangent. Now back to the chiropractor. Charlene was doing her best to cheer me up. I think she knew that the thought of a bone marrow biopsy was weighing on me. The uncertainty of not knowing. She was expecting a witty comment from me... but for once I didn't have one. She also said to think positively since it could be something easy to correct. Always nice when the chiropractor calls you a mutant *lol* She was thinking that it was something genetic. She also said that even if it is a lymphoma if it is caught early enough then in all likelihood I'd be fine. But what actually impacted me the most about my trip to the chiropractor was when she said to let her know if I needed her to put her name on the list of potential bone marrow donors. Now, first of all, I do not want it to come to that. It's kind of a major procedure and you end up spending weeks in isolation so that you don't get an infection. But I thought that was the sweetest thing. I don't like the idea of having a needle inserted into the bone to draw marrow... Most people wouldn't offer to go through that for someone else, especially when they're not family. I know it's not as major as donating a kidney but still. It's still a great sacrifice. I respected her before but now I really have a great deal of respect for her.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats