Thursday, May 25, 2006

Long Way Home

So I was thinking about this post on my way home.... I had plenty of time... so of course my mind was wandering. I was reminded of the song "Long Way Home" by ATB. I love that song. Wish I could post it here but any ways. Then I was wishing that I had my headphones so I could put it on. And then my mind went back to this post.

I had to walk home from work again today. I really don't mind the walk home. Sure it hurts a little because I'm not used to it. But it also reminds me of how far I have come. About 4 years ago the physiotherapist was telling me to only walk for 15 minutes at a time, to really pace myself, and always had a look of pity in their eyes when I was in. The joys of having a chronic pain condition. So the fact I can walk 4 kilometres and it doesn't cause a flare up is good thing.

I have definitely learned that Harley Davidosn boots are not the greatest for walking in. My feet, especially my right foot, is kind of sore right now. I should really start wearing running shoes but then I never know when I am going to be walking home. Seems to be more of a challenge when I am on days. Getting to work seems to be the easy part.... it's getting home that is not so easy.

And I am starting to think that I should take a collection at work. It's called the "Get Heather a Proper Backback Fund." If I have a ride to and from work it's not a problem. But I carry the laptop in a messenger bag. Definitely not a good thing when walking. I really pull the muscles in my neck and shoulder in the process. By the time I get home it looks like I have a bad sunburn where the strap is cutting into the skin. I really need to do something about that but don't have the money at the moment.

Other then that I like the walk home. And I am noticing that I have more energy since I quit smoking. Might even boost my white blood cell count. Helps me sleep as well. In fact it's almost 11 and I could actually go to bed now. But I still have to make my lunch and am watching the Ultimate Fighter.

No comments:

Counter


View My Stats